A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of the RI Boat Show owned and operated by Wood Boat and Motor, 3630 West Shore Road, Warwick, Rhode Island 02886, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The 2020 RI Boat Show Giveaway (the “Contest”) will be conducted substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Only legal U.S. residents age 21 or older with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in the contests. Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of RI Boat Show, participating vendors, sponors and the Rhode Island Convention Center, their subsidiaries and affiliates, are ineligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
3. RI Boat Show reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
4. The contest will begin on January 3, 2019 at 10 a.m. and will run through January 5, 2019 at 2 p.m. (the “Contest Period”).
5. There is one way to enter this Contest:
(i) Visit the RI Boat Show at the Rhode Island Convention Center, One Sabin Street, Providence, Rhode Island 02903 at any time during open hours of the RI Boat Show and complete an entry form. Entrants need not be present to win, but must provide a valid telephone number for notification purposes. Entries that do not contain a valid telephone number will be disqualified.
6. At approximately 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, January 5, 2019 one (1) entrant will be randomly selected and announced.
7. The prize consists of the following: a 2020 Carolina Skiff 178JLS-CC 17-foot, 8 inch center console powered by a 70 HP Suzuki outboard and matching Karavan trailer and other accessories that may be donated by vendors, sponsors or others, valued at approximately $25,000. All taxes and fees associated with the prize not expressly included in the foregoing prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner.
8. Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received and participating at any given time.
9. All state, local, federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded are the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
10. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged for cash other goods or services. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize. RI Boat Show shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
11. All prizes must be claimed in person at the RI Boat Show address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the RI Boat Show to be disposed of at its sole discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing RI Boat Show and Wood Boat and Motor from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the contest prize.
12. All entrants and winners agree that RI Boat Show and Wood Boat and Motor shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the acceptance, use, or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
13. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of RI Boat Show to be used, disposed of or destroyed in its sole discretion. RI Boat Show is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to RI Boat Show’s website.
14. All entrants and winners agree to give RI Boat Show and its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to hold RI Boat Show harmless from any and all claims they may have against RI Boat Show in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that RI Boat Show owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the Station.
15. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of RI Boat Show personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. RI Boat Show will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and RI Boat Show’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of RI Boat Show, RI Boat Show reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as RI Boat Show deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by RI Boat Show and are final. RI Boat Show may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
16. By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the implementation or carrying out of the contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or receive the prize, and to release RI Boat Show and Wood Boat and Motor, their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, and all contest sponsors from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the contest, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
17. A winners list may be obtained after JANUARY 15, 2020 by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address: RI Boat Show, Attn: 2020 Boat Giveaway, 3630 West Shore Road, Warwick, RI 02886.
18. The RI Boat Show Giveaway is sponsored by the following: Suzuki Outboards, Carolina Skiff, Karavan Trailer (supplied by Wholesale Trailers, Inc.) and Wood Boat and Motor. Accessories provided by the following: Star Bright, Taylor Made Products, Bass Pro Shop and Sea Hawk.
Copyright © 2019 RI Boat Show - All Rights Reserved.